Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tis the season....

SmilinSam

..To start buying Snowblowers at the consignment auctions:D During the spring and early summer rounds of consignment auctions I have never paid more than $25 for Simplcity or AC snowblower atachment. One was even Brand new:O Today I tested that system again.. A friend of mine asked what that 36 " Simplicity blower would bring. I arbitrarily said $20.. I started it at $5, and ended it at...you guessed it- $20. ( never hurts to have a spare blower tucked away;) ) Good pulleys, wear plate, excellent shoes and the paint at about 70% or a little better. Even had a spring loaded lift rod, albeit missing the spring. I think people are so sick of snow by march that they dont want to even look at snow equipment. Seems about july though, the prices start going up, doubling to $50 and by oct/nov peaking at $100-$125 on average. Once it starts snowing, those figures can be doubled again. Then the whole cycle starts over again... I even picked up a new carlisle 16x6.50x8 on a cub rim for $8. Thats about 1/4 the price at the store for the same tire. Now I can get my vac tractor back up off its rimsdOd

Always amazes me when I hear of the "sold out" rush on snow removal tools because of a storm, did all them people just move North is my ?,:D Glad to see your sharp enough to turn it to profit for yourself Sam, after all, it is a moral obligation to help fools part with their dollars.

Yep, I paid $25 for my 42", granted the prior owner had it mounted on Deere so know one was at the sale looking for the blower but me :)

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Glad to see your sharp enough to turn it to profit for yourself Sam, after all, it is a moral obligation to help fools part with their dollars.
Naaaaaa.. Used to make a profit , but I quit selling stuff 2 years ago. Anymore, its just spend and collect, and most importantly ...play with the goodies:D Now its a moral obligation to spend as little as possible to keep the tractor fund form going drysm01