Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
osenga

which is it 700 or 725

osenga
Ok Guys I just bought this off of craigs list less than 5 minutes ago and will be picking it up tomorrow I am just wondering is it the 725 or the 700 the guy had no clue. All I can say is 125.00 i dont think i could no way say no to this

UCD
When it says (The File xxxxxxxxxx.jpg was uploaded to the Server) you have to click on «close window» not the X to close the window otherwise the file will not post to the reply. Rename the file without the brackets and spaces and reupload.

osenga
Well let me ask . Just by a real quick look at it what would be the differance between them to tell them apart, Since i have never seen a complete one of either in person??????????

ReedS
The seat pan is one clue, it looks to have the taller steering colum which would be another clue, I can't see the shifter lever but a straight one would point to a 700, while a "bent" one points to a 725. One more clue is under the hood, and that is the fuel tank. Early models (and this may apply to early 725's) had fuel tank that had seams on both ends while later models had a seamless ends, however that's not say that the tank has never been swapped out IMO. I almost forgot the 700's also had bushings, not bearings on the front wheels and the rear wheels on a 700 were 6x12, not the larger 23x8.50/12's but again these could easily have been swapped at one time or another. My guess is that it's a 725. In any case the price was definetly right! :)