Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
drkuhar

how much weight can b series hydro lift pick up

BLT
On a close hitch arrangement, I have been able to lift the front ends of 7XXX tractors OK. So does that boil down to 400 lbs or so?

MPH
I have a 5 foot York rake I've raised with the hydro lift on the B-112. I sticks back far enough to angle to 45 degrees if I remember right. Clueless what it weighs though, it's a modified cat 1 3pt hitch rake from Northern.

crewchief12
A good working unit will definitely lift the front wheels with a snow blower on at fuel throttle, or at least mine does. I have heard some are weaker, there is a trick to adding a small washer under the relief/regulator valve and polishing wear mark out of the needle to avoid leakage, mine was a bit weak too, I added a very thin washer about 0.040" and it has been good to go now for a little over two years now lifting the blower and the mower deck. I learned that trick from someone in the club.

MPH
Was doing some needed repairs on the 42 inch snow blower on the B-112 today, like bolt the cutting on with more then two bolts:O, putting the pulley back on the blower end and getting the bow out of the middle of the bottom edge with a 10 lb hammer. After I put it back on the tractor I could raise it with the hydro lift just cranking with the starter. This lift is the one I polished the relief valve seats on several years ago. Seems long ago on here, when the discovery of these units was still pretty new and rare findsm someone found specs about 400 lb, I could be wrong.