Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

brinly find

sammiefish

i think i got pretty lucky this wknd... found an unused Brinly plow, barely used Brinly cultivator and a sleeve hitch for an MTD but adaptable to almost anything... no rust on any of the bolt heads or adjuster!! the whole bunch :)

The Plow... supposedly never seen earth...

the cultivator... very lightly used

The Hitch.. apparently for MTD but was adapted to ATV and returned to orig....

Im not sure if you will see the measurements on the ruler... but I was told this was a 10" plow... I was a little surprised at the size of this .. what do you think..? the disc

the blade

rear of blade... and what is this unused bolt tab here for?

I have no experience using these and would love to hear any comments... It seems that even a 16Hp might have trouble with this but I see you guys pics with 10Hp doing just fine...

Real nice score, a plow with no rust to clean off. Can't tell for sure how your measuring the plow but the correct way is square off the land side. Size is determined by the width of the furrow a plow cuts. Looks like a 10 inch to me.

^Nice score. The cultivator seems to be missing all the shovels though.They are reversable wearing points that bolt to the holes at the end of the tines.Someone on the site might be able to set you up with a set.dOd

ahhh, thanks for the heads up... I just figured the tips were an older design.. The parts diagram doesnt show them...

are they optional?

I just looked on Brinly's web site and they don't show the added "shoes" for the cultivator. http://www.brinly.com/gardening-equipment/cultivators/CC-55BH.html Seems they would be nice to have.

download this manual. will help you with getting the plow setup right on your tractor. and the proper way to use it ;) http://www.brinly.com/gardening-equipment/plows/PP-51BH.html

Chris. You could try TSC for the wear parts or shovels to fit your cultivator. Some of the farm sized cultivators came with fairly narrow shovels. Can't understand why Brinly cataloge doesn't list any; unless they want to make more money selling you complete tines every time!!!!!CCould also make your own wear pieces from flat stock same width or slightly wider than the tines.dOd