Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
sammiefish

rear tires for use with 10" Brinly plow?

sammiefish
While Im sure Ag tires would be preferable for plowing with a 10" Brinly one bottom plow... Does anyone have success with turf tires with or without chains? (Im sure a pair of Ag's are not in my budget for quite some time) sm02

dav
each year i try to add a row to the garden. i plow the new area with a moldboard using turf tires. often i have to back up and move over a few inches to angle the roots up to where they break. i lose traction frequently and just back up and reattack it. occasionally i reverse direction to lift from the other side. since i do only a small area each time, i dont bother with chains. my only ag tire sits in the pile of spares, waiting for a match. if i use the same tractor that i use for tilling, the 9hp LL, the Big Ten, or, for the first time this year a B12, i have weights on the rear rims. if i use the B1, i have turfs, no weights. it spins a lot but still gets it done

acken
I use a 916H with turf tires, washer fluid, and wheel weights. It is heavy enough to do without problems. I started using this combo, because lazy me wanted the hydro lift.