Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

simplicity 725

osenga

Today I was tinkering around with the 725 I just got yesterday . And noticed that the gearbox has a slight leak out the shaft of the pto side. But not a bad one. I have a good rebuilt bgb out of a 3400 will this work or are they different ? the one that is in it now dont have the pto assembly on it . Were they the same as the 3400? and so on. And I want to put the rear lift on it I have mounted the rear sleve hitch and need to know on the rod is that straight with a yoke on each end and if so where could I find one.

I believe the output shaft on the bevel gear box is different length and dia. I don't own a 3400 so I need others to qualify. The lift rod on the 725 is a two turnbuckle type. they are available used, on ebay.often, Good luck. They are alot of fun. Scott.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• TheFlash300
    • BLT
    • gwiseman
    • oldsarge
    • StanD
    • Darl Swartz
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts