Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deutz-Allis Green Paint

Will_AC_DC

A couple of years ago I purchased a Deutz-Allis 920D (a real gutsy tractor). It had been sitting in a field for several years before the guy that I purchased it from got it, as a result the paint is in sad shape. I have been unable to find the correct color green and am wondering what others are using when repainting.

You are looking for the color spring green. The Agco part number is 79014783 for a gallon. A quart won`t do it. The paint is excellent. It goes on nice and is very shiny finish. http://www.agcoparts.com/Library/upload/79023609V%20-%20Heritage%20-%20Allis-Chalmers%20-%20AGCO-Allis%20-%20Deutz-Allis%20-%20Deutz-Fahr.pdf

RayS Great Pic -- The only problem with AGCO is that the nearest one is nearly 200 miles from me. I was hoping that I could find a match from Martin-Senior or some other national paint company. Tractor and Supply carries some AC paints but not the Spring Green of DA

Van Sickle paints have it. Link below. I tried to get it in an automotive paint and none of the big names had a code for it. They could more than likely match the paint if you took them a sample. http://www.vansicklepaint.com/tractor/vscustomcolors.html http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=105355

Couldn't a Simplicity dealer order or maybe even have the paint in stock? I would think that a Simplicity dealer could get it seeing how the tractor was nothing more than a green Simplicity? Might have to buy a whole case of it if the dealer doesn't want to stock any though. Tim

There is a Agco dealer about 20 miles from me, and they stock the Deutz Allis paint, but I think only in quart cans. I had a Deutz Allis 916H and I repainted it and I only used about a quart and a half. It had the same amount of spring green on as Ray's Deutz Allis. Here is a pic of my Deutz Allis that I had.

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
If you have an unfaded part, a paint store can color match it.
Thats what we did here and I sprayed it on with a air paint gun. Worked out pretty good.

Hi, I just ordered 4 spray cans from an AGCO Implement dealer. I have been a Simplicity dealer since 1980 and can't get it any other way. Al Eden

A local tractor supply (mom and pop supply store) sells this paint. I have used the Allis colors, as well as Ford and International rattle cans. It is a good quality paint, the colors seem to be exact matches/ The paint is a little pricey, but very good characteristics. I am painting a walking tractor and intend to use the Allis orange, though the tractor is a homebuilt, and was advised to add hardener for more durability and shine, though I likely will not use it in the quantity required for the shine. http://www.tiscoparts.com/

I haven`t driven since last fall. I mow with the Prestige most of the time and the blower is on my AC 917H. It will be used though.

O.K. Thanks to all of you A lot of info. Great pic ardisam. Think I may have located a TISCO supply about 6 miles from the house. I got a set of decals for the hood from a guy on e-bay -- made from my specs -- unfortunately I found that what I thought was white was actually brushed stainless/aluminum. oh well back to the drawing board. I am also looking for a power steering unit that was an option on the DA 920 Diesel. It would greatly ease the steering which now is like steering an old Fordson.

• 11 years later...

Hi Everyone I’m new to this site.

i am repainting my Dutez tractor bought the paint but don’t know what to cut it with or amount of stuff to use.

any help would be appreciated

picture of paint can I ordered this is for the engine and part of the cab

andrew 

CAE3CCA3-302C-4215-A3AA-1071A0401359.jpeg

8ACAE4C8-4FC3-4BC2-84FE-E7F2F322A19E.jpeg

E122FDCA-67BA-402B-9CA1-A3FEDB383F8D.jpeg

On 3/9/2010 at 5:23 AM, RayS said:

You are looking for the color spring green. The Agco part number is 79014783 for a gallon. A quart won`t do it. The paint is excellent. It goes on nice and is very shiny finish. http://www.agcoparts.com/Library/upload/79023609V%20-%20Heritage%20-%20Allis-Chalmers%20-%20AGCO-Allis%20-%20Deutz-Allis%20-%20Deutz-Fahr.pdf

deal10.jpg

I’m new here don’t have a clue what I’m doing. Need help painting my Dutez I bought this paint for airgun but don’t know what to cut it with or what the ratio would be any help would be much appreciated 

picture of paint for engine and some body parts blue

i have the green also for body 
not cheap paint so I don’t want to screw it up

thanks

27795922-338C-4D23-B25E-27C55AD26E37.jpeg

2E8CBDB1-A552-465A-B6D3-ADE20C89397F.jpeg

265A45C6-0A59-4852-8400-A6C20F446ACF.jpeg

I’ve never used that paint but in the one picture there is 2 boxes which look like a ratio. So I googled that long worn that begins with an H and I got this. Which looks to be a thinner/ hardener for synthetic enamels. What that corresponds to in the states, I don’t know.

image.jpeg

I found this a couple weeks ago when I googled spring green. I was planning on asking if anyone has used this paint product as my local ace carries this brand.imageproxy.php?img=&key=3d214da05fced21a They also have reducer and Gardner for it.

DE3639F7-4943-4ADC-B566-BD2E37C210CD.png

Edited by hurleyii
More info