Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2010 Problems

Simplicity85

Aw Here I go one more Time With my Problems 2010 :O:D It runs good For like 30 Mins Then When I think throttle Screw Kicks up it stalls It out. Whats the problem with this thing?

I've think it could be overheating due to mice. I have heard of similar symptoms (ie stalling / stoping after short use). While the motor is running, do you feel a stiff breeze through the head fins? do you see particles blowing out from under the shroud? Just a few thoughts. jh

Your vent might be plugged on your gas cap. That's why he wants you to loosen the cap. Your coil or condensor might be going bad. They will act like that also. Chris

If it will run for 30 minutes and then die, cool off and start again, it sure sounds like it is heat related. If it is fuel/heat related, then perhaps it is vapor lock? Is the fuel line making contact with the block perhaps? It could also be electrical /coil. Heat can do some strange stuff to electical items. Maybe try a different coil and new spark plug?

Check to see if the exhaust valve has the proper clearance. The valve stem gets longer as the valve gets hotter. Without enough clearance the valve can grow enough to stop seating and the engine will not run. I fixed a lawn tractor for a friend that would run for about 15 minutes then quit. It had no clearance in the exhaust valve. A few strokes with a file and the problem was solved.