Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
osenga

725 bgb

osenga
ok guys what I have found out on this 725 some one at one time replaced the bgb and put one that is for the cloneclutch/ pto which should be in a 3400. since that is the wrong one . Would this be the right one . I want to get this back to orginal so i can mow with it and someday find me a sickle bar for it http://cgi.ebay.com/SIMPLICITY-ALIS-CHALMERS-BEVEL-GEAR-BOX-N-E-OHIO_W0QQitemZ260565468611QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3caae985c3 IF the link dont work this is the auction number 260565468611 sure hope this is rite

Chris727
He says its out of a 2210 but to me it looks more like its out of a tractor with variable speed, the output shaft looks too long. Notice the# on the casting is a 165xxxx part number rather than a 6 digit#, they didn't start using those numbers until much later. Could be out of a 3300 series.

RayS
More than likely its out of a 3300 series as Chris mentioned. You won`t be able to use one from a variable speed but you can use a BGB from a tractor that has a Vickers. The 3 speeds and Vickers from the 60`s used the same driven shaft. Ask the seller the diameter of the input shaft and the length of the driven shaft on the side with woodruff key. If it isn`t from a variable speed tractor you may still be able to use but you would need a drive shaft yoke from a 700 series because of the 7/8" input shaft. The case number is definitely from a later style tractor.

jjouelle
FYI...I questioned the dimensions and he replied immediately with them (nice guy). driven shaft: 1 1/2 x 3/4 and the sides are 3 1/2 x 3/4 and 3 1/2 x 7/8. I thought I would post these just in case someone might be curious.