Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ketchk

reassembly landlord

ketchk
any one have a hood pic so i can see the stripes also how about a pic of the light bar i want to install headlights i have the swith but no lights

ZippoVarga
The correct lights for a 64 Landlord/Early B-10 are switched on at the lights with toggles built in to the back housing. Here is a picture of the light bar with lights installed and the correct lights for a 1964. Then a pic of the lights and light bar installed. The rear light would have a switch on the dash that is located above the dash tower decal and to the right of the steering column. Maybe someone here has a picture of their early Landlords dash with the light switch in place so you will know where it goes. Looks GREAT!! I love seeing the old 64s restored like Storms. One day I may restore mine. Switches on the two front lights with aluminum bezels are correct for the 1964 model year.

This is a Chrome light bar. Only one I've ever seen, but it's identical to the original in every other respect. If you want chrome headlight buckets to replace the stock lights, they are Harley Davidson passing lamps. I got this set off ebay that was on an old 1968 FLH.

Back View. Notice the spacers that drop the light bar about half an inch. These are needed for the hood to clear the light bar.

Front view.

And...the lights installed on the tractor. If you want to dress up your black bucket lights some, you can get the chrome trim rings from harley passing lamps. I got mine on ebay for around 10 bucks, then the visors will run you about the same. That is, if you like that look and don't mind not being 100% original.

ketchk
thanks for all the pics im going to try to make the bar i did not know the switches were on the lights i have a togle switch on the left side of the dash between the amp gauge and key switch and thought that is where you turn them on

ZippoVarga
Here is where the rear light is located. The hole you have for a switch isn't factory, but since it's there you may as well put it to use. You can hook up all three lights to the same switch or add a switch to separate the front from the rear. Here are a few more pictures as well as pictures of the stripes with a tape measure.

Pictures of the rear light bracket and where it is located on the seat pan.

This picture shows a bracket I made for my rear light before I was graciously given the correct bracket by Jace aka Simplicity85.

Just in case any of you think this Landlord of mine is restored...It's not. It's just in great original shape and all I have painted is the hood and grill, and now the rear light bracket. Another great big thanks to Jace for sending me the bracket and the other goodies!!

Storm7012
quote:
Originally posted by ZippoVarga
I've got two sittin on the shelf collecting dust. When you coming this way again?
Well Zippo, guess your going to have to sell me something so I'll have a reason for the trip....lol

B10Dave
dOd Sean. When you are looking for those Harley passing lights on ebay what do you type into the search function? Do you look in all catagories or just motorcycle parts?^ Dave

Sign in to follow this