Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brettw

$50 48" deck

Brettw
Alright. Fess up. Who's the carp that SWIPED right out from under my schnoz, the 48" deck on Craigs List. Deck was supposedly "rough" but the pictures looked fair, and most importantly, for $50.00 it came with gator blades, the ever so hard to find belt covers, and good spindles. Arghhhhhhhhh!! So they tell me, you snooze you looze........ wahwah:D

Simpleton7016
Gary is a pretty decent guy in my opinion. He lost his job so he is trying to make a "go" of the tractor business - and specifically "our" kinds of tractors. With Dave Emmer scaling back his operation, I think Gary will fill in nicely. Like Memphis, Gary's neighbors took issue with his hobby and actually called the authorities on him and he had to rent a shop to store, restore and sell his stuff - his wife damn near divorced him in embarrassment. He knows these machines inside and out and will bend over backwards to help out. I have tried to get him to become a member here, but so far he has resisted....getting speared like a carp is probably one of his fears! :D He bought at least 1/3 of that semi-load from me and never once tried to chew me down. But I know what you are saying Brett....everytime I see something decent on craigslist, he or Mike have long since gobbled it up....and Gary will travel 250 miles to get (and that includes the area directly under your schnoz) so don't give up your 9-5 gig! dOd

Burntime
Erik, I buy different from Gary. I usually buy for parts, he buys for whole. Plus I buy tools, and others stuff as well. Remember I was up to 2 mig and 1 stick welder;) I really have not bought a thing in 60 days. Either Gary got it (he really watchs) or I did not want to mess with an off brand. Gary is a good guy. He ended up with one of my mig welders. I still have to make it out to his shop. He has a lot of toys:D

SmilinSam
One thing I learned about craigslists is that he who hesitates, or dont check often, misses out. I missed out on 2 JD L&G suitcase wights with bracket the other day for way less than half of new price. I was on top of it within an hour of being listed and was still too late. Right now there are two JCPenney tractors (1974 MTD) on QuadCity Craigs with 3pt, tiller, and two cast iron Briggs engines 326431 for $200. Been on there a day now, so they are probably gone too, but Rock falls is too far for me and my trailer is needing lights anyhow.

Simpleton7016
Agreed and there is no shame in that (didn't mean to imply anything Mike...other than the fact that you are quick to the draw). I was an unabashed craigslist vulture back in the "golden days" of a few years ago. But back then, things would last a day or two. These days, good deals are gone within an hour. 8C

Brettw
quote:
I have tried to get him to become a member here, but so far he has resisted....getting speared like a carp is probably one of his fears!
Naahhh. Tell him if he joins we won't spear him, maybe just prod a little now and then. :)