Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TimJr

rear weight/light bar

TimJr
This is the rear weight rack/rear light bar I made for my 18hp Sovereign. I finally painted it for this past winter. Having one set of the factory rear weight wasn't enough for a hill I have that tends to get icy. Plus, it stuck out too far back. So, I made a hitch for two factory weight set ups. I copied the front/rear ball hitch mount so it just pins to the back of the tractor. The orange light bar bolts on, so it could easily be taken off and just use the weights for summer work. I live on a busy street, so I made the light bar to hold two trailer clearance lights and added in a flasher unit for visibility.

I picked up the one set of weights - stinger and donuts - for $10 at an estate sale a while back - very cool find with the printing on the weight. Tim

TimJr
Yeah, the seat deck won't tip up all the way, but how often do we get in there? My bigger problem in the winter is the storage - with the blower and the weight sticking out the rear lift socket, things got a little tight in the garage, plus the lack of weight. I don't remember how much the weights weigh? Is the stinger around 30lbs, and the donuts around 20 or 25lbs each? I need to get some pics of it in daylight, so the mounting details can be seen. It was all done with scrap metal laying around, and a set of used lights even! Gotta save the tractor money for things I can't make or something old and cool. Tim

Sign in to follow this