Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

simplicity 7116 H

a_sannine

just picked this one today for $80 lol but had to drive 6 hours i asked seller to take off seat , before i get there :D can't wait for rain to stop to fire it got the original seat for it good compression , all there , i just ordered the side decals , it needs muffler so far i love it

the reason owner put it out of service because the deck rot out , so it is been under tarp for two years , just cleaned the carb and was in a good shape for two years sitting, it seem they run it out of gas back then the muffler roted bad and that's why u see the rust on the side . but i got all it needs from engine to transaxle , will resurrect it and will be a nice looking soon

Good find and good buy. ^ "i asked seller to take off seat , before i get there" Bless your pea picking heart. One of my pet peeves is boat seats and oversize seats people put on their tractors.

can't wait to start working on it. i actually sold one not to long ago it was 7114 with kohler engine .i totally restored , i put ton of work to it ,i made it like brand new , one day i had it out in front of my garage and a guy stopped bagging for it

Argh... you snatched it out from under me. I emailed him right after he talked to you. It would have been a 45 min ride for me. Good luck with it.

i saw this tractor on CL for about 3 weeks , i emailed seller many times with no respond , so i thought he sold it , then all the sudden i see it under new posting , i emailed him and finally responded back , and when i get there i asked him why he didn't respond before to my emails or called me , he said a kid been jerking him around saying he want it and then backed out :D

i just missed out on a nice 7116 in my area for 100 bux!!!it came with a 48in deck, plow, weights and chains and everything worked except the key switch...after i emailed him 5 times he said i was the first to contact him but he contacted me second....words cannot describe my anger!!!! i emailed him the words, hello, i am replying to your ad about the tractor...i can pick it up when ever you like, even within an hour if u wish and i will take it for 100......he said sorry about that and he had never put anything on craigslist before....he then proceeded to tell me that he thought he let it go for too cheap because the SECOND person to respond came over that evening and literally gave him a 100 said thank you, loaded it up and left..maybe 5 min tops....he asked me what it was worth and i told him a ballpark and he was SICK!!!!Sorry to hijack the thread with my rant i just needed to tell someone and figured you guys would laugh at this one!!!I hate craigslist.....but i also love it!!!:Dsm00

quote:
Originally posted by a_sannine
why ur putting the lift rod to the other side ?
It has two, it keeps the snowblower level?

it really bothers when it happens just faced the same situation ,i was buying a ford ranger of CL one owner , the old guy had a stroke and his daughter selling the truck for $2500 below book value , it was mint , it really disturbs when it happens but what can u do

quote:
Originally posted by NandoG
quote:
Originally posted by a_sannine
why ur putting the lift rod to the other side ?
It has two, it keeps the snowblower level?
Its cocked because the pin holes in the snowthrower and/or hitch are ovaled out. There is very little tilt if it is all tight. Been there...

Nando, sure would like to see some good close ups of your left side lift on the snow blower, I'd copy that before I take it off for the year as mine has a lot of twisted lean.

well i fired it up today , after cleaning engine from mice nest , lube every thing , runs strong ,engine smokes some how , so i got to rebuild it ,even though i got 3 good engines in my garage . hydraulic works great , hydrostatic transmission runs strong but belt is dry and at high speed it is slipping. so at list it is running now :D

• 4 weeks later...
here is the 7116 getting there still have the front rims and some decals and it is ready i did ton of work on it i changed the dash tower , had rot but it is getting there

• Who's Online (See full list)

• AC710
    • Tarheel
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts