Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
a_sannine

Calcium Buildup

a_sannine
How To Remove Calcium Buildup From briggs carb main jet any thing i can soak it in , i can't take the main gas jet to clean it , this carb been sitting for long time

RayS
I have used a dremel tool with a little wire brush to clean the oxidization out of the bowl once I have gotten them a part. If you can`t get the main jet out try a PB Blaster to loosen it up. Make sure you have a carberator screw driver or a screw driver that fits the slot in the jet nice an tight or you may never get it out.

a_sannine
i got no problem with the bowl just where the main jet , and the threads very soft there , i don't want to ruin them . the main jet already stripped , but got a lot of calcium build up that i want to loosen to be able screwing it out i think home depot got some thing

TimJr
I'm gonna guess that the "calcium" you are describing is a white, powdery substance in the carb? It is likely aluminum that has corroded if the carb has been sitting around and exposed to moisture, or maybe a residue as a result of high alcohol content in your fuel damaging the carb body. There shouldn't be calcium in a carb, unless the fuel tank and carb were full of water in a bad way. Tim

a_sannine
true tim the fuel tank had water , it is out of a 3012 i parted out . regarding taking the bowl out with out breaking the nuzzle needle , it is easy , just take screws out and tap the top off i do it all the time with no problem , but it is easier with screwing the nuzzle out , any way i end up drilling the nuzzle and using the extractor to pull it out , the damn calcium built up like rock ,so hard , but i got the job done and i got a good carb now , that is totally rebuilt , OH i bought an original rebuilt kit of ebay for $9 to my door , and i think that guy still got like 6 other kits i am gonna buy of his hand .