Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
captainweezy

adjusting hydo on a 912?

captainweezy
I have a 900 series allis. The hydro is very slow and really does not seem to want to pull. It seemed like it took forever to get it to my back shed. The po said the hydro needed adjusted a little but I didn't think you could adjust one. I am going to sell this one soon but I really don't want to sell it with issues. The motor runs great. How would I go about checking the fluid? I have not had a chance to really investigate much but it is on my list of things to get done soon.

RayS

You can download the operators manual and it will tell you how to check fluids as well as replacing them. The only adjustment that I am a ware of is the neutral adjustment. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/

Tom45
It may be low fluid or need the fluid and filter changed. To check it (with the engine OFF and the tractor level) remove the hex pipe cap in the back above the hitch. While holding the plunger of the transmission vent up (on the left side of the transmission) the fluid should be near the top of the pipe which the hex cap came off of. Tom

2burning
You may want to also make sure the pulley that that the foot pedal/clutch/brake moves is returned all the way so the drive belt is tight. If you don't use the foot pedal very often they get sticky and if someone actually does use it the pulley may not tighten up when you let the pedal back out.