Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
powermax_paul

Tractor Tires

powermax_paul
I found kind of a neat site for tractor tires last nite. It's called Cedar Rapids Tire and they specialize in our stuff. What's better is that they have a 29x12.5-15 6ply lugged rear tire for my Powermax tractors at a reasonable price. I'll try them out and post a follow up on their online service. If they work out, maybe a potential sponsor? Paul[A href='http://shop.cedarrapidstire.com/index.asp']http://shop.cedarrapidstire.com/index.asp[/a]

McGill
I got two front tires for my B110 from them and they seem to be great. Look like the originals except a red line running around the tread. I mounted them myself, by myself, finally figured out to use a C-clamp on the rim edge to keep the tire from coming off as I forced the edge over the rim.

JeffG
Paul, You want the 31X15.5-15 lug tires for your PowerMax. A little more $$ (I think $160 vs. $115), but that is what the original high floatations are. Remember, wider is better. ;o) Jeff

powermax_paul
Thanks for the input guys, I placed an order. Jeff, I was under the impression I needed the wider rims for the 31x15.5-15, so I ordered the 29x12.5-15. Have you mounted the larger tires on the narrow rims? Paul

JeffG
Paul, You're right, my mistake. Those 15.5's will not work on the narrow turf tire rims. You ordered the right thing, and they should work just fine for you. Jeff

MPH
I'll plug for cedar rapid tire. Took 1 week to get me my 23-6-12 lugs for my 725. Postage cost me one tire but thats what I get for havein tractor fever in the tundra, just ordered 23-10.5-12's for the B112. MPH