Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
sbull78

1974 jc penney 16hp tractors

sbull78
near me is 2 jc penney tractors...comes with 2 16 horse horizontal shafted motors, and a tiller...i can't tell from the pics if there is a shaft that comes out of the motor because the motors sit in there the opposite of the simplicities...also would these fit in a 7012 or possible 2012 or do they have different oil pans?? anyone have any ideas???thanks!!!!

sbull78
yeah i was thinkin that...i will check out first hand just to make sure...thanks!!!the tiller they say is shaft driven...i didn't know that

SmilinSam
Better go get them before I change my mind -if he still has them. 45 minuted to an hour from me. They ar MTD machines and yes the engines would go into a Simplicity or AC with one change. These have a stub PTO shaft on the flywheel side that is screwed onto the crank in place of a standard flywheel nut. The hole in the starter generator flywheel screen pulley is enlarged to 1" to accomodate this shaft. To use onm a AC or simplicity you will have to scrounge up a flywheel screen /pulley and standard flywheel nut off an AC/simplicity engine. You cant reuse the MTD pulley without the 1" stub shaft because the pulley will not center on the crankshaft properly with the bigger hole.

sbull78
sam, he has emailed me and says the previous told him that the tractor with the tiller ran when he parked it....he still has the tractors...he said only questions so far but nobody has looked at it...i have discovered a direct fit 16 about 10 minutes from me that runs for a steal...that is all i would want the jc's for....he also said the tiller worked to according to po...they r all yours if u want them...i may cruise over and check them out on monday for somethin to do...if i do i can let u know how they r!!!

SmilinSam
$200 for the pair plus attachments go with too. If it were closer I would hop right on them, but my trailer is out of commision right now for long distance hauls, and I would have to make 2 trips at that. those are pretty big machines, about the size of a sunstar.