Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
cwm1276

Snow blower Cleanup

cwm1276
Well, I declared that I won't have any more major snows this spring and took the snowblower off my tractor. I am thinking of cleaning it (snowblower) up this off season. Things I need to do: 1. have the hitch welded up the one lip that hooks above the front axle has worn down so it slips off the axle. I know some here has been bulding new ones and I am just looking for the proper dimensions to have it built back up. 2. The snow blower was on a Deere before I bought it so the spout control had been lengthened, I took out most of the extension but it was out of soft metal and is now bent slightly makeing spout control hit the hood depending in how it turned. 3. Around the spout snow collected and it is starting to rust, I want to clean up and paint. If I get really ambitious I will dig into the chain and bearings to make sure everything is in place. Any Tips, Suggestions to my project? Thanks

Burntime
If your the one welding just take it off and run bead and grind smooth for fit. The measurement is simply large enough to slide over the axle and not have slop. It should be obvious if you take the snowthrower off the hitch. Usually the top of the axle support is what is worn. Check the pin holes as wells cause they can egg out and cause the blower to lift on an agle due to a little slop here and there. Make sure you break the edge so that it will mount easier as well on the top where it sits on the axle... Good luck...