Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Looking for Marshall Hinson

Torino

Looking for contact info for Marshall Hinson. He made this loader. [url][/url]http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/b-series_loader.htm

This was posted on the site you linked. I suppose you tried it but if you didn't here it is. larry Your friend, Marshall Hinson wmhedh@netzero.net

• 8 years later...
On 3/14/2010 at 3:54 PM, Torino said:

Looking for contact info for Marshall Hinson. He made this loader. http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/b-series_loader.htm

Bah. Another page that does not exist. There must have been a massive loss of data. A tragedy like the burning of a courthouse in 1960.

The earliest documentation is historically always the best.

5 hours ago, kwt said:

Bah. Another page that does not exist. There must have been a massive loss of data. A tragedy like the burning of a courthouse in 1960.

The earliest documentation is historically always the best.

The website underwent a server(?) change a couple of years ago. the old addresses don't work, but there are guys here who can find the old links. Give it a day and someone will chime in.

Edited by dhoadley

41 minutes ago, Chris727 said:

SimpleTractors.net is currently working for me. Here was the loader article. There is currently no "Do it yourself" section on the current site. 

http://www.simpletractors.net/do_it/b-series_loader.htm

"Do It Yourself" has been here all along. Follow the thread. https://simpletractors.com/research/do-it-yourself/__b-series_loader/

1 hour ago, BLT said:

While it evidently is here, it is not easy to navigate to, as if it is ghosted. I couldn't get it to come up in a site search. It is not one of the categories listed under "research." https://simpletractors.com/research/ despite the fact that the menu tree lists "research" as the main header. 

research.jpg.cc552fd4b153783db6068f1b921654a6.jpg

When I click onto the Do It Yourself link circled in the header, it brings this up:

error_002.jpg.1069cba4e90f63561b357ecfb770d060.jpg

16 minutes ago, BLT said:

Double click just "Reaserch" and you get a drop down menu,

Its just not there. Its not under the Research heading. The last item showing on the research page for me, is the "History" page. Nothing after that. Josh even provided a link but it just gives me an error message. 

1 hour ago, Chris727 said:

While it evidently is here, it is not easy to navigate to, as if it is ghosted. I couldn't get it to come up in a site search. It is not one of the categories listed under "research." https://simpletractors.com/research/ despite the fact that the menu tree lists "research" as the main header. 

I totally agree; @BLT how did you fine it?

The only way I was able to get to any of the other "do it yourself" items was to start with the page BLT provided, then click on one of the items in the long bar with numbered sections:

image.thumb.png.bf2b230ed1e75f5456cf65450701c62c.png

Click on "box" 13 and you get this:

image.thumb.png.6b4a8736ccc3c25208f8c8611a6a536b.png

https://simpletractors.com/research/do-it-yourself/__ark_900_restoration/

I'm thinking those of you with better than regular status (president, custodian, etc) can "see" things most of us can't.  I discussed this problem with Kent when trying to load info into the tractor data base.  To see things I as "see" them, I believe he created a "regular" member USERID to "see" what most members "see".  Hope this makes sense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris727 said:

SimpleTractors.net is currently working for me. Here was the loader article. There is currently no "Do it yourself" section on the current site. 

http://www.simpletractors.net/do_it/b-series_loader.htm

The old site still isn't working for me.  Sometimes it'll offer to load a saved copy, but usually that's not much help:

image.thumb.png.858fbdae02fa0821390aa96a6d222b1e.png

This is what you get:

image.thumb.png.cf864626a3493ed4bfc7d8290c7f4fa9.png

Bill, @PhanDad I went to "Research" and double clicked it. From there a drop menu appeared and I toggled down to "Do it yourself" I double clicked it and I toggled down 'til I found the B10 loader. Simpletractors.net is an on again - off again site, you never know when it will be up.

1 minute ago, BLT said:

Bill, @PhanDad I went to "Research" and double clicked it. From there a drop menu appeared and I toggled down to "Do it yourself" I double clicked it and I toggled down 'til I found the B10 loader. Simpletractors.net is an on again - off again site, you never know when it will be up.

Bob, I'm sure you have different "permissions" than I do.

Here's what I get when I double click on "Research" (It'll take more than one screen shot to show you all of the page you see as you scroll down):

image.thumb.png.7ed877c84a675aea5b4666d89b4e3c8d.png

image.thumb.png.05eebfef5751ee1fda1690f969a2b6a4.png

image.thumb.png.49acc52496c518357056ce702e158150.png

I'm sure you have more due to "status" in the club.  Is anyone else in your "household" a regular club member?  If so, use their LOGON info and find out what that member "sees".  

It's like "Animal Farm" - "we are all equal but some are more equal than others" - or something to that effect.  666

Also keep in mind the simpletractors.net site had two different screens, one side was free and the club side was for cash paying members. Here we have one screen with multiple drop down menus. So my belief is that Kent got the old site transferred but didn't exactly say where. I don't believe my permissions are any different then you and Chris  have as he was still working away at its development.

14 minutes ago, PhanDad said:

Bob, I'm sure you have different "permissions" than I do.

Here's what I get when I double click on "Research" (It'll take more than one screen shot to show you all of the page you see as you scroll down):

image.thumb.png.7ed877c84a675aea5b4666d89b4e3c8d.png

image.thumb.png.05eebfef5751ee1fda1690f969a2b6a4.png

image.thumb.png.49acc52496c518357056ce702e158150.png

I'm sure you have more due to "status" in the club.  Is anyone else in your "household" a regular club member?  If so, use their LOGON info and find out what that member "sees".  

It's like "Animal Farm" - "we are all equal but some are more equal than others" - or something to that effect.  666

Bill that's one thing Kent never told me of what was available to me. Anyway on my screen, "Do It Yourself" is the tenth item down. Keep in mind that the " Do it yourself "  files are on the Users (no pay)  side not the club (pay) on Simple tractors.net. So that was free to all.

43 minutes ago, BLT said:

Anyway on my screen, "Do It Yourself" is the tenth item down.

As you can see in the screen shots I posted above, I only have 6 items shown:

Allis

Simplicity

Other Labels

Cross Reference 

Reference Info

History 

What are your items 7, 8, & 9?

PS - I checked what I “see” when I login with my iPad - no difference in menu items, same as I listed above.  

What is showing as supposed to be present but is gone is:

Old Photo Gallery

Service

Operation

Do it yourself

About this site

X-ref .