Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
johnmonkey

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn..pics added

johnmonkey
..every once in a while. I was cruising craigs list and found a 10 hp B&S engine for $50.00 it was out of Montgomery Wards Gilson with a strange looking oil pan, it came with a spare block/oil pan from an AC B112, I got 2 carbs, a starter generator, brand new voltage regulator, points, and a chrome set of rings :D:D. I will try to post pics soon. I like it. jh

HubbardRA
John, I don't know how you do it. You are right in the middle of an area where there just aren't many parts or tractors available of our kind. Somehow you keep stumbling over them anyway. Keep up the good work, glad somebody is lucky at finding parts.

johnmonkey
Ok ok here are some pics to back up my claims... jh

The new engine and an old block :D

Two carb, a new voltage regulator plus an old one, carb re-build kit, new chrome rings...

A starter generator (note the double pulley?? whats that about?)

A pto from a MW Gison?? I guess

And a perty girl to add to my shop wall :D

johnmonkey
Welcome aboard Zygy, right above the topics there is an icon that says "new topic". Press that button and you should be able to post a topic. You may have a problem posting pictures as you need to be a member to post pics. It is only $10.00 and is well worth the investment. Good luck. Jh

perry
ive had many old wards tractors. they make great engine doners for our simplicitys :D. most the time the oil pan will stay in the frame. it holds the front axle in. and yep, thats a front pto plate for the gilson/wards. im curious about that S&G. it might be a rare one for a certain older model wheel horse. ill look into it.

johnmonkey
Hey Roy, I have the spare oil pan on the engine, if you look close you can see the bolt tabs. I need a new oil pan gasket though. Perry, The Starter generator spins in the correct direction for a simplicity, if that helps. jh

perry
yes it use's the stock simplicity oil pan. i have a stack of oil pans just for the wards engine doners. i believe the wheel horse s&g spins the same way. its the cubs that spin opposite