Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

mower deck

TimE

I have a 1985 6216 that needs a mower deck. It currently has a 42" deck. The deck # is 1690708. The deck it rusted through really bad. Can anyone tell me what other models used the same deck? 42" or 48" I'm going to check some tractor bone yards here in south eastern Pa. I want to make sure I get the correct one. Thanks in advance.

Hi, The 36 inch deck from the 4000 or 5000 series, the 42" or 48" from the 5000 and 6000 series will fit. Also the 600 and 800 seris Allis. Be aware that there are 2 600 series Allis models. One is the same as the old Broadmore 700 series Simplicity and the other the same as the 4000 series Simplicity. Only the mower off the latter will work. We regularly replace the housings on these decks if the tractor is good and worth fixing. If you buy a used one usually you are only about two jumps from where you are now. Good luck, Al

Tim, The complete deck is no longer available. They were about 1000.00 dollars when they were [3 blade] I haven't checked, but I think a new housing is in the 300.00 range. Good luck, Al

Al, My plan was to check the price of a new deck with my local Simplicity dealer and then proceed from there. When you buy a new deck, does it come complete with all the pulleys, bearings etc. or is it just the shell? Thanks for your response.

We can fix u up with a good used deck. Drop us an e mail directed to Bob or phone. See our ad on this site. Bill