Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
sbull78

Sunstar help...

sbull78
well, up until this morinig my sunstar ran and started like a champ!!!I went to start it and it was a little cold and sputtered from me over choking it a little then came out of it, then died!!i cant get it started again...pulled off the air cleaner and dumped gas down it and it starts right up....so i think it is not getting fuel...i just put a new fuel filter on and took it off and checked it and good...took off fuel pump and am not sure about these but i didn't see a hole in the diaphram or anything unusual...also before i could push it forward and it would release the hydro to move it around and it won't....i'm thinking arbys and possibly some kind of carb issue or electronic...not sure why i can't push it forward and release the hydro all the sudden..i'm thinking there could be some connection but not sure...it has the kohler command 20 in it with power steering and all the rest of the goodies...is there a hydro release somewhere like on the 7000's and does anyone have any ideas???? Thanks!!!

OrangeMetalGuy
Did you check to make sure the filter is on the right way (not backwards)? Since you say it ran fine until you changed the filter (if I read it right) I'd check that.

sammiefish
piece of crud that let go after the service... run it and pull the carb screw out ... if ur lucky itll run through... good luck.. its in the carb though..!!

sbull78
i also believe its in the carb and actually i think it is some crud...will do another attack monday eve on this one and see what i can find...after i looked at it for long enough i decided to roll my lawn and clean up a bit....

sbull78
All fixed and purrs like a kitten!!!Took off carb and found all kinds of crap in it!!!cleaned it out and put back in and it runs great!!thanx to all for the help!!!