Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My 7016H

Simplicity314

Well, I'm finally posting pics of my 7016H. It's been running really well and not cutting out, so I think this one's a keeper. This was given to me by a guy who does work on my house. He got it from his parents, the original owners, and brought it in to get it going. Mechanic said it was shot, so he gave it to me for a parts tractor. Took the carb apart--new kit, but he left the crud and corrosion in the carb!? Cleaned it up and got it running rough. Sat in my shed over the winter and for whatever reason it purrs now (didn't touch the thing since I parked it). Got the exhaust straightened out today and took some pics while I had it out. It looks to be all there, except for the rear lift cable. Thanks to Bob, Maynard and everyone else who lent their expertise in getting this going.
[img]/club2/attach/Simplicity314/701611.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simplicity314/701622.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simplicity314/701633.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simplicity314/701644.jpg[/img]

Looks real nice. It should give you years of service. Still like the overall size and feel of the 700 Series tractors better than the 7100s. Maybe one day I'll find one in great shape and it'll replace one of my 7100's.

I love my 7016, it's a tank. Mine is a three speed. I'm just not much of a hydro fan, like to just stick it in second gear and mow.

It's there Bob--the rear end shot is in a shadow. The sleeve is just dangling straight down because there is no lift cable. That project is on the horizon. Today I changed the hydro fluid and filter. I changed the engine oil and BGB hydro fluid a while back. Was going to lube the chassis but can't find the new tube of grease I bought lol. Glad you chimed in Bob--what should the high throttle RPM be for this machine? The engine owner's manual said 1,200 but that's just the engine stand-alone. Don't know if it should be different attached to a tractor. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
Jim I believe it should be 3600 rpm.
Bingo! And 12-1400 idle. Actually the no load speed can be around 3800 PRM and when they are pulled down for load they will zero in around 3600 RPM. All mechanical governed engines have a droop from non working high RPM to working high RPM. So if you want a true 3600 RPM working, you need to buck it up a couple hundred, when tractor is just standing there in neutral just running, no deck or anything. The advertised RPM of engines at rated speed is a balls to the wall WOT scenario droop taken out.

THAT IS GREAT!!! nice machine.. sunstrand or vickers hydro...? rumor is that there were vickers on early 7000's can you take a pic of the rear end??

quote:
Originally posted by PhanDad
Looks real nice. It should give you years of service. Still like the overall size and feel of the 700 Series tractors better than the 7100s. Maybe one day I'll find one in great shape and it'll replace one of my 7100's.
Bill, I couldn't agree more, the front of the hood is too high on my 17GTH-L. I like the feel of the 3400/7000 series much better, the styling is in better proportion.

Nice machine!
quote:
Cleaned it up and got it running rough. Sat in my shed over the winter and for whatever reason it purrs now (didn't touch the thing since I parked it).
It knew this might be the end of the line, so it better straighten up and fly right!