Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

DEUTZ-Allis

sonny

Hi guys, new to forum and new to collecting gts. One thing i have learned, you can not have just one. Two months ago i bought a 916 Deutz-Allis. I liked the looks of it, but did not know it was built Simplicity. Long story short, i do not see many of these tractors. Are they disliked or not many around? Thanks for having me on this great forum. Sonny

Welcome Sonny! It's not that they are disliked, but frankly, I've only happened upon a couple in my path. I've known a few folks that don't care for the crazy color, but otherwise they are a terrific, heavy duty machine ..... Have fun ....

Here is mine. If I can get around better this summer I will be painting one just like it orange. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=105355
  • Like 1

Ray, So after restoring that one, you are going to repaint it Orange? That seems a shame, the green looks sharp on it. Rick.........

Rick, No, I will be painting one just like it orange. Another Allis Chalmers 916H or possibly a 716H early with the side headlights. Should do both I may have enough paint.

Ray, My mistake I re-read your original post and you stated you were going to paint another one just like it. I vote to do both. I prefer the oragne look over the white and orange look. Rick..........

Thanks for the welcome Bailey. Ray that is one nice tractor, wish my 916 looked that good.May be some day. You know that limegreen grows on ya.lol Sonny

quote:
Originally posted by RickS
I prefer the oragne look over the white and orange look. Rick..........
Me too! I don`t even like the rims white. So I probably will paint them pearl grey.

Welcome to the club Sonny, your going to enjoy it a lot! Ray that tractor looks amazing. I have a 917H that I would like to do the same with someday.

Thanks all, for the welcome.Ten year ago you could not paid me to work on a tractor, but now i love it. Man all the fun i have missed. Older now and have more time. Thanks again, Sonny