Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tripleguy

New (to me) 5216H

tripleguy
New member here with my first Simplicity tractor. OK, I know, it's not really a tractor - more like a nice lawn mower, but it should do what I need it to do. Once I get a few little bugs sorted out, I hope to mow my 1.5 acre lawn and then if all is well, pick up a snow blower for winter. Probably paid too much for it but it was clean and looked solid. Figured that was worth something. Anyone have any advice on where a snow cab might be found if I do put a blower on it?

Brettw
First, welcome to the club. Next, it seems like "clean and looked solid" would be a bit of an understatement. Nice looking tractor!

tripleguy
Thanks. Good to see yet another SE WI member here Brett. I like the lawn tractor well enough. Now all I can say is I've got to keep an eye out for a bigger one! That's how it always starts!

CDeHeer
Clean indeed! I picked one up last year and am getting ready to get it going. Hydro shaft seal is leaking. I sold the blower, weights, and chains and got my money back. I do however still have the cab. PM me when you get the blower if interested.

jdmark
i have a 5216h that i have owned and used to mow grass for 22 years. the mower has been well maintained and taken care of....my question is i am now loosing power to the drive train after the mower gets hot. How bad of a Hydro problem should i expect, and where to look first?

TomSchmit
Bill - You should snag the snow cab from CDeHeer right away ... blowers are easy to find but cabs for your style of tractor are NOT easy to find! Tom

larry8200
Yeah, probably about like the New Hampshire ones. But honestly, I have only seen the temperature go below -30 once, and NEVER more than 5 feet of snow on the ground
quote:
Originally posted by Oz
Yahh, isn't Wisconsin winter great ( NOT ). Welcome aboard. Oz PS: South Central Wisconsin

JohnMBerst
If you can't find an enclosed cab, I used a walk behind "cab" on my 5212.5 for 16+ years, and worked rather well. If your interested PM me and I have mounting brackets and you'd be good to go. Taking up space right now.