Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

First Pow'rmax ...... 4041 - UPDATE

Bailey

Although I barely missed two incredibly deals over the weekend, I did manage to bring home one good deal ...... My first pow'rmax, a 4041. All in all, not too perty, but everything works as it should. So far I've just replaced some hardware and straightened out the 3 point.

Deck is not perfect, but pretty darn good overall ....

Carb is shiny and brand new ....

Part of the engine shroud missing ....

Dinger in the front left corner that could be worked out by someone with talent..... unfortunately, that would not be me....

Also picked up this carryall from some kid's yard for $65.... like new and had a couple 6" lengths of heavy log chain on it ... Here I'm hauling off the concrete pad from our old furnace ....

While I'm pretty handy with the "large" frames, this will be a lot of new stuff for me ..... got all my manuals and ready to dig in.... UPDATE ... Haven't found a shroud yet, so fabricated this to get me by. If I don't find one in short order, I'll try to clean it up and give it a coat of grill paint. What do you guys think? Not terrible anyway, it functions.....

Nice find. Get the engine shroud piece installed before you work it any or you will have overheating problems. Dave

Nice looking rig. I just wish I a place to use one like that because then it would be sitting in my garage.

Nice going. It looks like you possibly have the high capacity tires in the front, but I can't tell for sure. Sandy Lake should have the shroud piece you need.

dOdNice job on the shroud piece. That looks like it will keep the airflow directed across the head cooling fins.:D Dave

Nice score Andy. I am on vacation in South Carolina now, so I won't be trying to beat you to any more good deals for a couple of weeks. John U

Cool .... thanks for the heads-up John!!! Hey, that's quite a line up you've got there. Similar mix to mine, just prettier.