Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Late 7118 Sovereign value

OrangeMetalGuy

Guy is selling a late Sovereign (gray wheels) with hydro lift and power steering, for $1600. Looks to be in very good shape. What do these normally go for?

Does it have any attachments? Does it smoke or leak? How are the tires, seat? Many questions before one could answer whether $1,600 is a fair price. I just saw a 7116 with weights, chains, a good Simplicity soft cab, blower, deck, hydro lift, and it all looked to be in very good shape for $600 on Craiglist. It was gone in about an hour! wah

I paid a little more for one with a blower, rear lift, and chains; no deck. This was from a dealer so I would expect the price to be higher. The area where you are will pay a big role in what is a good price and what is too much. Rick........

I'm in north central Maryland. It has a deck but that's it. Seat, tires, etc. are in real good condition. I will give it a good lookover if I decide to pursue it.

I doubt its a 7118, unless its something modified, the 7118 does not exist. The 18hp sovereign was only called "Sovereign" as at that point they only came with the 18hp engine. Gray wheels first came about somewhere around 1996 I believe.

Yeah I'm sure you're right, Chris. It's a Sovereign, the black and orange type with the rectangular headlights.

Its probably a 'Hydro 18' which would be a 7118 if they'd of kept the same naming process as its the 7100 series tractor.I have one with power steering that i bought at an auction a couple years ago.Needs a PTO gearbox repair.For the tractor,mower deck,snowblowera and tiller I gave $450 which I thought was a bargain.

I paid $2000.00 for my 1995 sovereign with kohler ch18 engine on it. Its was in great shape.It came with 36inch tiller'48inch mower deck'sickle bar'and the blower set up for mower deck.It also had the hitch on the back for the tiller.The only thing I have done was add power steering and new decals and a paint job because old paint was faded.I was very happy to get this deal.

The 17GTH-L has the KT17 Twin (series II.) Not sure what they're worth, there was one local for $1000 with deck only.

Hi, We have a very clean one with super quiet mower bearings, and after going through the shop and checking all of the idler pullies belts etc and with a complete service we will get 1695.00 for it. (Command) (Selling it with a 6 month 50/50 warranty) Al Eden