Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Belt length

MPH

MPH, I can't tell you -- I don't have one. (I have a Variable Speed on bhe B-210 and will have a High/Low on my Big Ten if I ever get it running.) All the info I have says the "Ground Speed Reduction Group" is a 10" pulley... but it doesn't say how long the belt is that comes with it.

Hi, I put a 10" pulley on mine (725) and am glad I did. I agree the 8" would still be too fast in my opinion even though my book says that is what belongs on it for tilling. The slower the better it pulverizes. The pulley came from a guy on this group and included the belt. Let me see if there are any numbers on it or I will have it measured at the hardware store. It is a good quality belt and is the same thickness as the one I took off......I will get you the belt info. Ken W Ken Williams

Guess I'll direct this to Kent, seems I read on here one needs a 8 inch pulley on the B series for tilling but I noticed you said a 10 inch Kent. Thinkin 1st gear is a bit fast on my 725 for tilling with a 8 inch planning on tryin a 10, how long of belt will I need to go too???? Going to Fairbank monday so hope to score while I'm there Thanks MPH

Had the belt measured at the hardware store as any ID on the belt itself was worn off. The belt is 49" X 5/8". Good luck Ken W

Thanks for your effort Ken. hope I can find what I want in town. Believe slower ground speed will help in diggin deeper also based of 28 years of troy-built tillin. If you stop at a fabic/sewing store as a honey due stop get one of those cloth tapes, they rap a belt so nice. MPH