Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Power

BradW

Hi all, I was wondering if a Simplicity 700 could take a snowblower? It has a 8 horsepower Briggs&Stratton and I have a blade on it now but a blower would be nice. If you have a blower that would fit I am interested in purchasing or trading a B-112 for it it is missing the motor or can be purchased with motor, thank you, -BradW

Brad Simplicity offered a snow blower for the 700 and if you click on SimpletrACtors at the top left of this screen and follow it to the next page and click on Simplicity and do some hunting Kent has a really nice picture of one showing the 36" blower and it shouldn't be that hard to find one. Horse power wise I agree with rich as I also had a 9 horse on my Landlord and it really kicked the white dust up in the air. Happy New Year to all, >>->happyjack<-<<

I have both the 3 belt type and the single belt type and they both will fit your tractor. The 3 belt, you have too engage from the front. The single belt you push a control rod from the seat. I prefer the single because i'm too lazy to get off and it seems safer.

I have a serf 525 with a 5 horse briggs engine and it has a 28 inch blower ( Ithink ) it got its first test with 9 inches and in some areas it was up to the top of the blower and it went thru without boggin down I was completly impressed. It even went thru the stuff at the bottom of the driveway that the plows leave. The only thing was that I had to do it in 1st gear when I was doing more than 5 inches most of the time I was taking full paths but when the drifts got big I took half paths. To answer your fquestion yes you could use yours to blow snow. Ps. look for pictures to be posted on the mighty serf

To answer the question Yes and it is refered to as the three belt snowblower and the model # is 990175 and belts are the only parts I believe that you can purchase for it. I used one last year and it worked great.