Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 3110 lawn tractor with bagger

eskimodeb

Hi- I am looking to buy a Simplicity 3110 Cavalier with a rear bagger. The used machine I am looking at is in great paint condition, comes with manuals in great shape, engine starts right up and engine compartment looks immaculate under the seat (which is in great shape too). The tube for the bagger may be missing but I am willing to replace it if the bagger does the job. Any info on this model, age, reliability, including bagger features would be appreciated. I was hoping to decide on the Cavalier 36" model with bagger ($700) or in buying a 1969 JD140 hydro garden tractor with a 48" mower deck and beat up snow blower with new tires and chains. The JD mower deck mule deck is missing and will cost another $165 to get working besides the purchase price of $700. The JD overall is not in excellent shape and I hate to have to repaint, and have my husband overhaul most of it and cost hundreds of dollars more. Our lawn is former farm land and is a little uneven and have some dips. The JD seems to be a more straight as she goes mower (not good at handling turns) and the Simplicity rear engine mower with rear bagger looks to be a great turning radius. Any other suggestions or comments, I would appreciate! Thank you! Deb