Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7018H Simplicity Sovereign

JBute

Thanks to all who responded to my questions about the Simplicity Sovereign 7018H. Due to a typo by me some of you thought that I was writing about a 718H Allis. That was my fault due to my error. However some of you did give me the engine information that I needed. Thanks Much!! I am still looking for the right colors to paint this 7018. I have new decals for it that were generated by a computer. The person who made the decals cautioned me to use the original Simplicity paint numbers so that it would match the new decals. I would like to get the numbers of that paint. Also would be glad to get an aftermarket number that would match. I think that the orange is the same as Allis Chalmers orange, but am not sure of the lighter color. I think that it might be ivory or something close to that. Is there any information out there about the paint for this machine?? Jim Bute

New AC color is TOO light orange,no match,gotta get red-orange.Those machs. were more red than orange.I go to local PPG auto paint store they computer match a non faded sample perfectly. Cost is higher however,,$28 per qt.//$16 for a spray bomb if you use Walmart,bargain basement,etc. paint.then it'll never match OR most importantly never last,,,

Although it's not an exact match of the Simplicity factory colors, Walmart "ColorPlace" #21022 Ivory seems close enough for spraying wheels and such, and the older Chevy red/orange engine color is pretty close for attachments. If your going to refinish an entire machine, take Dave's advice and use quality auto paint. Any auto body paint supplier is able to computer or chip match from a sample, like your decals.