Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
PhilD

716H battery

PhilD
I have looked at some of the threads about batterys but I am still somewhat unsure about what group size battery will fit in a 716H AC. Am I correct that a 22NF or a 51 or 51R will fit? I would like something larger than the 150 amp lawn tractor battery that is currently in it. Thanks. Phil D

JordB110
In my B-112 I use an Auto Zone brand battery called a D-51 I think, which is used in some Hondas. It looks exactly like the old one. 425 CCA. It is about 8'' tall, 7'' long, and 5'' thick. Jordan

BradW
Hello, a 22NF is the right one,....I recomend Farm&Fleet batteries of this size if you have a Farm&Fleet by you, I have their 22NF batteries in my machines and they have 850 CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) I highly recomend them, good luck,-BradW

MPH
In my 725 and B112 I use the sears garden tractor battery, cost about 20 bucks in Fairbanks Alaska and must be related to the die-hards Ive used since 1970 when I bought my first car, they have not failed me yet sitting outside and start down to 25 below, after that I think it is to cold to have FUN blowin snow. I do use syn oils and I put a electic oil pan heat pad under my engines.. MPH

PhilD
Thanks everyone for their comments. I will stop by the local Farm & Fleet and see if they have a 22NF battery and if not then I will check out Autozone for a D-51. Phil D.

PhilD
Farm & Fleet had a 22NF battery so I picked that one up and installed it and everything works fine. Thanks for the help Phil D.