Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

possible cause

MPH
though the stearing on my B112 is EXTREMELY worn and lose every place it moves I'm wondering if there is any different reason it may lock to left or right when turning short. something simple I over looked when I put it back together like I did the belt guard adjustment on my 725. Oh,thanks for that info about a week ago Kent, its pretty neat to have a clutch that disengages.........MPH

Dadsy98
I would make two quick checks for starters.. 1. Check to see if wheel is rubbing on the mower deck in the raised or the lowered positions. 2. The wheels may be going past the center point when you turn them all the way.. Solutions would be to either, check the steering and make sure it is centered on the gear on end of steering wheel shaft or if either or both of the tie rods are not adjusted properly. Make sure one or both front wheels are not "toed-out".(That is the front of tire pointing outward more then the rear of wheel.) Hope this helps you.. Marion W. Kerr

Guest Jef
MPH, There is a steering adjustment procedure in my 3210 manual. Perhaps there is one in the Allis manual. I can scan and e-mail if need be. Jeff

MPH
Jeff, is the 3210 the Simplicity = of the B112? I be thankful for the info if it is, I don't see any steering adjustment in my b series book. rebushed the tie rod ends today and by going to 10mm bolts insead of 3/8 "just slightly larger" that parts nice and tight, helped some, hope it don't offended at me for using mm bolts.`````MPH