Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is this really worth $999 see the pic

AC_B-1Novice

Duetz Allis 1920 PS 20hp kolher mag twin rear dif lock hydro spin on filters 60 inch deck good shape larry

If everything seems to work right, go for it. I have a Deutz Allis 1920H with a 48 inch deck, and rear pto, and its one of the best tractor I've owned. Ryan-WI Allis Chalmers 916H Allis Chalmers 917H Simplicity 7114H Deutz Allis 1920H

The 20hp kolher is a darn good motor. I never any problem with that motor, or my two KT17's that I have. Now for the B&S motors, I won't even get into that subject. But, if you have good manitance skills, things will last.

WOW...what a difference of opinion! Very interesting! Are there things I should look for engine wise? What tillers will work on this thing and would it lift the tiller with the hydro? Don't know much about these. larry

Larry, I prefer the kolher over the B&S, because I've better luck with them. Tillers are hard to come by for this tractor, it would like striking gold if you found one. And yes the hydro will lift the tiller. But, keep in mind, does this tractor has hitch for a tiller?

quote:
Originally posted by ardisam
Larry, I prefer the kolher over the B&S, because I've better luck with them. Tillers are hard to come by for this tractor, it would like striking gold if you found one. And yes the hydro will lift the tiller. But, keep in mind, does this tractor has hitch for a tiller?
Just the opposite for me. Like Briggs and had bad luck with kohler. I've never had the 20hp, but a buddy had the 19 and it didn't last and another friend had a 918 and it's long gone and a 16hp briggs took its place.

I found a very nice 16 hp sunstar with 3 point and rear pto and I sent it down the road because I couldn't find a tiller. I was willing to travel a state or two and still could not locate one.

Very tuff tractors. All implements are shaft driven. The tiller, rear PTO, and hitch can be pretty scarce.

Most of these tractors you see have been beat to death. I have 3 and like the heck out of them.Implements are not the easiest to find that is for sure....

Briggs....It's the other red meat. lol I have rebuilt more kohlers than Briggs. Not to mention the poor design with the cast iron single lug stators and high replacement parts prices. Then there are the carbs that are almost always wore out and need re-bushed. I can go on, but like most....we each have our preference for our own reasons. Kohlers make good paper weights here, where Briggs makes good paper weights elsewhere. And ON topic.......I would sooner get a power max or the like. It just seems like implements are a little easier to find for them.

"Briggs....It's the other red meat." Zippo, You are a man after my heart. You understand why I prefer a Briggs instead of a toilet. :) ^ Thanks,

Sunstars and DA Ultimates are junk so give me a call with any you have for sale for cheap and I'll do you a favor and add a few more to the 6 I already have.(LOL) In reality in my opinion they are the best tractor Simplicity ever built. On the tiller issue if you have the 3pt just pick up a Sears,Brinly or Wards tiller with its own engine,better than tractor driven.