Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

B112 snow blade

MPH
Thought I had a quick front weight,front blade hitch with no blade on it, but discovered the one that came in my pick-up load of junk only raises half way up with the lift rod off my 725 blade. the lift arm hit the front of the tractor. Anyone know if a B112 blade was slightly different than smaller B series tractors????????thanks MPH

KenW
The link below shows how I modified the B-10 hitch to "fit" my 7012. Notice in photos #1 & #3 how I cut the diagonal bracket and bent it out of the way. I also had to round off the ears.[A href='http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/fronthitch/fronthitch.htm']http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/fronthitch/fronthitch.htm[/a]

SmilinSam
I'm not familiar with the B-112 or 725, but I installed a front blade from a B-10 onto my 7012 which has the extended frame. The diagonal support for the hitch lift arm would not clear the 7012 frame, so I relocated it slightly. Also, it appeared that the B-10 hitch was designed to attach to the ears on the FRONT of the axle, while the blade on my Sovereign attachs to the ears on the REAR of the axle. Is your hitch hitting the axle or the frame when to try to raise it..?

MPH
Dutch, pretty sure the ears in front of the axle are just for hanging the 2nd pt of the snowblower on as there only a single ear. The hitch wont go up high enough to get the pin though but I may round off the irons enough so it will. I think it be strong enough for a counter wt set-up. Mounted like the blade is suppose to be the dia support hits the frame right under the grill. The wheel base on the B112 is 48 inches compared to 44 on the rest of the B series tractors. I thought it was all gained with the plates that mount the bevel gear box to the tranny but I have been wrong more than once since I started trying to reconstust this B112, things are differt that look the same at first glance...MPH Thanks