Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Caish

The New Guy! A/C 920

Caish
Hello everyone, Quick note, I'm from Arkansas. I just bought a 920 today. I guess I shouldn't have but I've got a thing for old odd and curious things. My Farm tractor is an EBRO, try finding parts for that. hah. Anyway, Hello and a big kudos and I hope you all can help some here. Heres the only picture I got atm. pic deleted Non paying users are not allowed to post pictures or links to pictures It runs ok, not great, its got a minor fuel leak someplace by the banjo bolt on the block. Smokes a nice BLUE smoke :p everywhere we've started calling it smokey. It appears more than just diesel smoke. I can live with oil burning if thats what it actually is. Next I need to find the center spindle assembly. The Previous Owner, snake in the grass, said it cuts great, no problems etc. Well I went to look at it and he says that it quit pulling the mowing deck. Well I'm the mechanical type, I can fix anything with wheels. So I give it an eye ball and work the PTO a few times and the belt appears glazed, so I figure no biggie just needs a belt. I turn the blades by hand a few times and try agai nand it catches and starts spinning. Good thats minor. Well home we get with it and get the front yard cut with the old belt and it just wasn't right everytime I lowered the deck all the way the blades quit spinning. OO So I send the Mrs after a belt once I slip the old one off. She returns and I go to put it on. Well guess what. Now I know why the PO sanke in the grass sold it. The center spindle is BAD. Does anyone know where to source the center spindle on the 48" deck? Thanks for the info and the time. Sorry I got long winded. sm06

PGL
Welcome to the club. Try the classifieds here, e-bay or some of the linked suppliers on the Simple Tractors page for parts. Many members use Sandy Lake. You should consider joining - members find the $10 annual fee a minor cost compared to the benefits.

Caish
Thanks, I made a few calls to sponsors and found the shaft. I got to take the thing apart next week and get the shaft/etc ordered. I would love to see pictures of the 9xx series with implements attached. I figure I'll have to fabricate must anything I want to use though.