Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Axle tube 312H : (

sammiefish

Well, it looks like I may be needing an axle tube for my 312H.... pn 2027424 is the original part number jacks doesnt cross ref it... anyone got a good tube or a pn for one? also, maybe orangemetalguy... or someone who has been here recently... could you point me to an appropriate thread???

PN#: 166066 has been superceded to PN# 1670864 Our Price: $128.37 http://simpletractors.com/parts/X-ref/page_33.htm

For a lot of the AC#s Jacks will cross them if you put a 7 in front= 72027424. When Deutz got involved they added a 7 to most of the AC part#s and the parts lists cross based on Deutz #s instead of AC#s.

Guess I'm getting a rep as the axle tube guy. Don't know if that's good or bad :O But anything I can do to help someone else I'm happy to do it. Let us know if you have any questions while you are changing it out.

thanks ray for showing me how to x-ref the #'s OK so what am i gonna need for this job... ive got a list so far... 2027424 went to 166066 then to 1670864 axle tube (is it w/ bushings?) BTW, this is the same tube as the manual transmission 2025552 went to 2154096 Key, axle tube need qty 2 2027430 went to 2166043 gasket, gear case 912808 which went to 2812808 lube fitting (should i get simplicity or freight store generic I already have) I already have the 2 seals.... now a question... the parts book shows a needle bearing OUTSIDE of the tube seal on the limited slip side of the axle... would this bearing be removable from the outside... also, any other parts that should be planned for replacement without actually looking at them first?

Can you post a few up-close pics of the transaxle? That wey we can be sure we know which transaxle you have.

Yes, it is the Vickers hydro... correct me if im wrong but isnt the transaxle the same for both hydros Ill try to get some pics but without pulling the fenders off its tough to see anything. (the fenders on the 3/400s are bolted on and arent as nice to fold up as on the simplicities) so here are some pics to help identify the transaxle...:

here are some at the point of damage... excuse the ambiguity.. my diagnosis is based on my finger on the underside of the tube just next to the R hub limited slip diff... I think we can see the crack in the pics...

after I wiped the grease oozing out of the crack:

well, there it is at this point.. all comments and criticisms welcome!! maybe i need a differential seal too...?? 2025441 which went to 121190 which is now 2121190 what do ya think

The transaxle are different where the pumps mount to the transaxle.. The pumps have different spacings for the mounting bolts.

Ok, well the transaxle looks like those on my machines. You can swap the tube without removing everything... if you pull the right wheel (then sop up all that grease good) and pull the diff, you'll see that the entire right side of the transaxle can come off while leaving the remainder on the machine. That way you don't have to mess with the fluid lines, hydro pump, etc.

So far I understand i need to: remove the R + L tire & wheel remove the L hub via set screws remove collar from axle on L pull the axle and R hub/differential out the right side... remove the L case of the transaxle remove the tube out the L side, do I need to disassemble the differential for any reason? am i missing something else? Thanks