Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mowing Deck Height 3212V

78kitty

I've been adjusting some things on my 3212V and can't get the model 990576 48" mower height set right. Should this mower be able to adjust to a maximum height of 3 1/8" like my 3415H? If so I'm not sure what else to try. The deck was re-painted and the back didn't want to go up at first so I messed around with it and was able to work it free. Then I measured the front of the blades at 2.5" and the back is around 3" when spun so the blades are facing front to back. Could there be another part stuck with dried paint & not letting the front move up? The deck has also been repaired and welded up / reinforced by the front yoke / clevis pin & that measures about 5" from the center of the pin back to the bracket. If this is what's not letting the mower go up higher I'll have to find a used bail assembly b/c the weld / reinforce was done in such a way that I can no longer adjust the front yokes. Hopefully we can figure out a way to get it to mow heigher b/c I like mowing my grass as high as possible and actually wish it could go up even more than 3 1/8" but that's much better than having a max height of 2 1/2".

Oh, I think to get the front of the deck up, you are going to have to adjust the front yokes/clevis pin! :( Too bad they didn't weld it solid at a better height adjustment. You could try front tires with a larger outer diameter, or making sure the front tires you have are pumped up to as much as you dare (25-27 for me).

Thanks 2burning, I'm afraid your right and was what I was thinking too. At least it's not stuck at like 1.5 inches or a height like a lot of my neighbors mow (scalp) their yards at!

Since a picture is worth 1,000 words here's a couple pics of the fix & my measurement. Looks like I'll need a new bail assembly & yokes if I want to mow at max height. Also, would some kind soul set their deck at max height and tell me what their's measures?

I believe your yolks are maxed out in the wrong direction. Loosen them up and adjust them outward, I believe this will raise the front of the deck.

Thanks Chris and I believe you're right. The only problem is I can't adjust them at all. If you look closely you'll see someone has repaired the yolks by welding metal straps from the bail assembly to the yoke. It was a good repair but I would like to mow at max height and th most I can get the front to come up is to around 2 1/2 inches. I'll have to locate a used bail assembly with factory yolks that I can adjust.