Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powermax blade angle control rod

midnightpumpkin

Does anyone have a photo of a powermax blade angle control rod and support bracket mounted on the tractor? I do have the manual that shows these parts, but I need a little more information. I am in the process of fabricating my own. Not sure where the factory support bracket attaches to the tractor and not sure exactly how long the rod should be. A couple of pictures would give me the answers. Thanks John U

Walked past my blade yesterday and remembered your post John, hope these help

Bracket didn't come out too good but it shows how it mounts to tractor.

I thought I saw something that said you tie rope from the pin on the blade mount and it ran to an eyelet mounted on the upper left corner of the blade and then it goes up by the hydraulic lift controls. I asumed you release the lever then push the blade to the desired position and release the rope to allow it to lock. With the bracket and rod you show how do you get the blade to change positions?

Just beyond the far leg of my wanna-be welding table in the first pic you can see the eyelet bolt. That bolts into the top hole in the strap shown in pic 3 that missed the pic. Turn the handle, then push or pull and the blade moves.

Sounds sweet! I use my dozer blade alot. I get off the tractor and move the blade from one position to another by hand. I will continue to watch this link to see if midnightpumkin as able to reproduce such a system. I am very interasted in building one myself.

Greg, here's a couple shots of the one I made for my FDT blade. Used an old snowblower clutch or shoot rod, extended it with a length of solid rod stock.

[br Drilled a hole in one end of the rod for the handle to slid into, then pinned it in place. I chose to make my own U joint but think a 1/2 drive socket swivel would work quick and easy. think it's light enough duty the swivel could be a cheap wally world brand, or some second hand store bargain.

Marty, Thanks for the pictures. The bracket in your picture 3 is pretty much what I had in mind. What is the overall length of the control rod? I will post pictures of what I come up with. John U

Jim S sent me a couple of pictures that fill in the gaps in Marty's pictures. Here they are, thanks Jim. Here is the complete support bracket installed on the tractor.
[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4007/4642447006_1e888c0eff_o.jpg[/img]
Here is a closeup of the U joint down at the blade.
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3409/4641835023_3d00d97ba8_o.jpg[/img]
I will post pictures of my version when I complete it. John U