Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
osenga

725 wired up

osenga
well today and yesterday I got the 2 725's wired up but i only have 1 S/G setup at this point. so when i checked the compression on them i had to pull it from one to the other and one was in the mid 30 and the other was about 50 is this good or not goods since i have not built the carbs for them yet. and dont want to spend the money on it if they wont have the power to them no more . and i was thinking if they should be replaced i would put a 10hp kohler in the one and wait it out for orginal one to show up on ebay. But to drop the kohler in it I know I have to cut the frame and cant seem to run across what way the tringal should be cut and the dim. of it. What do you guys think I should do ???

B10Dave
?Bryan. When you were checking compression did you have the throttle plate in the carb in the wide open position? You will get a false reading if the engine can't suck in enough air to compress. Your readings seem low. Squirt a little oil in to the cylinder;turn over a few times and then check compression at wide open throttle. Let us know how you make out. B10Dave^