Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My new AC314D!!!

THEPATRIOT

It just got dropped off,hasn't run since last summer.The guy i bought it from had no mechanical knowledge,but liked the looks of it.Last year the deck dropped and the lift wouldn't lift it,the bolt that holds the deck to the chain fell off(LOL).At that point his wife told him to go to HD and get a new LT!It's very straight/solid overall,i can't wait to drive it.I traded a real nice 1961 Ariens Jet tiller for it.

Wow, very nice... deck looks good...nice!! that will throw grass like nobodys business!! you may want to look into the "rod" that goes around exit of the chute... i ran mine without one for one season.. the deck can get bent back without it... there is the new part available but way expensive... or just weld one up with a boltable bracket... Very nice... also whats nice is that there are no plow, snowplow brackets its likely only been used for grass... nice only pain is that you have to remove the fenders to really get to the bgb and transaxle to change fluids.. but certainly not that tough!!

Looks greatdOd. Isn't it nice to be able to help those mechanically challenged people out with their "junk";)? Greg

Well i just got her running.I dropped in a battery and gave her a little shot of starting fluid.Fired right up and smoked me out for about 2 minutes,it looked like a forest fire!!!After that the smoke cleared and i went for a ride.Everything works good,the pto,lift ect..I'm sure a minor rebuild wouldn't hurt,but she runs pretty good.Even on one year old gas!I'm gonna change the fluids and keep her running for now 8D. EDIT-Anybody know the correct rear tire size?Also what color were the wheels painted when new?Thanks

Good trade!! I think the tires are correct, they all look stock. I thought all the deluxe tractors had lights?

You are going to need a spinner knob for your steering wheel, these brutes don't turn real fast, but they are awsome... "ya done good" dOd Correct rear tires are 23x10.5x12, front tires 16x6.5x8...... Chris is right, a deluxe has lights and a ciggarette lighter.... Dan

It has original Deluxe decals,also had a lighter.Just no lights for some reason.The front tires are bald and the rears have some cracking.I have a Bolens that doesn't run with some near new rears,i'll just have to get some fronts.I'd like to paint the wheels when i find out what color i'll need.

Here's an "AFTER" pic for now.I blew it out with my compressor and cleaned all the sheetmetal by hand(i'll do the dirty motor later!).It cleaned up pretty good.The paint is pretty thun in spots,but original.The only rust is on top of the hood,it's hard to see in the pics.The whole tractor was covered in a mildew/mold.She's much happier now!8D

I use rustoleam appliance epoxy (almond) on all my 300,400seris hoods, grilles, and wheels.. it is a real close match. you can buy it at walmart for around $4.50 a can........ Dan

quote:
Originally posted by gearhead19
I use rustoleam appliance epoxy (almond) on all my 300,400seris hoods, grilles, and wheels.. it is a real close match. you can buy it at walmart for around $4.50 a can........ Dan
Thanks!The hood looks like a cream/almond color,but the wheels look like they may have been a brite white???

Its my understanding the wheels and hood and deck and implements were the same color although there is discussion as to weather the 300 and 400 whites were the same. I thing rustoleum almond is darn good for the 300's so whatever you pick for the hood and deck the wheels should be the same.

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
I especially like the racing slicks up front. :D
Thanks!I'm looking for some new sneakers for the front,same brand/style.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Darl Swartz
    • a_sannine
    • Snojetter
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts