Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-1 Grill

DaveA

I'm in the process of completing my B-1 restoration and purchased new front grill material. The grill has been cut and formed to shape and ready to mount. My question: How much of the lower part of the grill overlaps the lower solid section of the front assembly? Once this is known, I will be able to determine where to drill the grill to mount the four sheetmetal screws. Thanks in advance.

Dave, I will look at mine tomorrow and see if it is what it should be. If it is I'll get back to you. larry

quote:
Originally posted by lt-scir
What are you using for the grill material and where can you buy it? Thanks.
Norm Steinman 212 So. Main St. Bourbon, IN 46504 (219)342-4545 I've verified that Norm has decals for B-1, B10 [both Bee logo & B-10 hood decal], Big Ten, B-110, B-112, HB-112, B-210, B-212, HB-212, He also has 720 and 620 hood decals, plus WheelHorse and AC "big" tractor parts and decals. Also available are B-1 grille screens.

I pulled two grill screens out of the pile today while cleaning up. Not as pertty or clean as new replacement ones but they are OEM. If you want one let me know and we'll make arrangements.