Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC B 210 won't start

Noly

10 hp Briggs & Stratton has set for 2 years. Ran good when parked, guy used it to push snow. was froze down and ruined flex discs on drive shaft. disassembled carb cleaned gas tank, new filter, sea foam in gas. new gasket between carb and manifold. ran rough for about 10 minutes. has fire at plug. will turn over but only fires once and a while. my mechanic has run out of ideas. any thoughts? thanks

Sea foam in gas maybe? I'd drain and clean the tank, new fuel lines, rebuild carb, not just clean. New points and condenser and plug. Not really getting the frozen down part?

I had the same thing with the 10hp in my 101! Clean and adjust the points. Eventhough I had spark I didn't have a hot enough spark till I cleaned an adjusted them. Then I had hot enough spark and it starts all the time now. I noticed when checking the spark that I had a really small spark then when I cleaned and adjusted them. I had a really big spark.