Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
thedaddycat

Cleaning up...

thedaddycat
I'm cleaning up the yard and have a ton of stuff. My kids say I should just get a 20 yard dumpster and let them throw all my tractor stuff out and have the scrap metal guys come get it. Anyone else think they're crazy? Would anyone be interested in a Big Ten. It's got a few goodies on it and a few more to go with it. Original 1960 Wonder Boy 700? How about a 48" plow, Weed and Brush cutter, loader or 540 PTO? It's all "just that tractor junk" to them. Nah, nobody'd want that stuff.... I know that about 3 years or so ago I farmed out a ton of stuff to guys to hang on to for me, guess most have forgotten about it by now but maybe not. Most of it I don't care about either but I would like to get my mid-mount cultivator stuff back. I just kind of lost interest after all the political infighting that was going on around the time Dutch got the boot....

Simpleton7016
I joined just after that ordeal. I use the archives regularly and you are a legend here Kirk. I am too far to take advantage of your offer, but I think your kids need a good 'ol Texas cuffin'. Scrap? You didn't teach them very well!

thedaddycat
I think it's more a case of two of them being teenagers and the third one counting the days off until she gets there too. I'm under a year left now until I have three teenage daughters in the house, along with my wife and her mother. This fall the older two will both be in high school and in two more years they will all be there as freshman, junior, and senior. I'm getting more white hairs every day and retirement seems like a far off dream.... As far as me being a legend, I highly doubt that nor do I deserve to be considered as anyting more than just another guy making his way through life here on this rock. Situations change, interests come and go, people delight and dissapoint, only God is forever unchanged loving us all beyond our understanding.

GregB
I thought I would get the teenage son interested in tractors, didn't work out. They just tolerate the tractor "habit" at my place. As far as just another guy, not so in my opinion you were someone who took the time to help out others by doing and sharing results for group learning. I know I have used your detailed hydrolift article more than once. Hang in there, start to work on somthing small tractor related, seeing "Pile of Junk" come back to a usefull tool has some satisfaction, for me at least. Greg

johnmonkey
I have one teenage daughter and a 9 year old daughter, I soon will join in your agony. Pray for me, as I will pray for you (at least I will salute you before my next shot of single malt :D). jh PS- Oh and great to see you back. jh

srwven
quote:
Originally posted by johnmonkey
I have one teenage daughter and a 9 year old daughter, I soon will join in your agony. Pray for me, as I will pray for you (at least I will salute you before my next shot of single malt :D). jh
Maybe you two should start HHA, hormonal he** anonymous.:D

goatfarmer
Glad to see ya posting again, Kirk. Whether you feel you are or aren't a "legend", you usually were one of the first to help newbe's with their problems. Never afraid to speak your mind, or try a new approach to a problem. Close enough to a legend for me!dOd

Dadsy98
Hi Kirk ! I've just come back from a long absence. I remember those days when Dutch was quite outspoken. I have always respected and appreciated your take on tractors as well as life in general. I still remember your project of digging up and removing BOULDERS from your yard! Take care of yourself, hold on to your stuff!

Chris727
quote:
Originally posted by Dadsy98
I still remember your project of digging up and removing BOULDERS from your yard!
Ditto, Boulders and the "putt-putt." Won't forget that. Welcome back Kirk!!!

thedaddycat
Kent, yes I'm certain the Big Ten is the one I got from you. Headlights but not the "bug eyes" because of the need for clearance on the loader arms as I recall. Hydraulic lift, Hi-Low range, right hand lift lever bracket but no lift lever, tool box, rear work light, etc... I guess I'll have to go through everything and sort it out, probably start with things like the dozen or two carbs, lift linkages, all that smaller stuff. I had the kids load the truck up with some of it today so I can move it down to the driveway where it is easier to sort. I had both knees done again three years ago and my mobility is nowhere near what it used to be. Both sides had bone-on-bone back then and that never gets better until knee replacement, so humping it up and down the hill can be problematic.... That's one reason I don't use the tractors to plow snow any more, too hard on the body. Now I use my '03 F-350 diesel 4X4 with a Boss 8' Super Duty trip edge plow.

Roy
"I had both knees done again three years ago and my mobility is nowhere near what it used to be" Boy that's the truth. :( Only had one knee done and other one is still bad. Kneeling to work on something or getting down on the creeper is a real PITA.

MPH
------Wife, mother-in-law, and 3 teenage daughters.------- Never knew you to do anyone that bad here on the site Kirk.:D Oh well, gotta love those you have, paint the loader pink, maybe they'll like it. Sure would like to take that off your Scrap pile for you. Remember you 'farming" stuff out, hope those you got things you want back will step up.

thedaddycat
Marty, in the end it's just "stuff" and if you take the eternal view it's really of no consequence. Tell you what, you want the loader and nobody else steps up I'll let you have it for free but you gotta pay the freight from CT to AK.....

4xbill
Ouch, 3 teen girls, wife and MIL... god help you. The boys out number the girls in my house, but the girls still run the joint:O! PM or email me about the loader, if you really want to get rid of it. Thanks and welcome back

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
Kent, yes I'm certain the Big Ten is the one I got from you. Headlights but not the "bug eyes" because of the need for clearance on the loader arms as I recall. Hydraulic lift, Hi-Low range, right hand lift lever bracket but no lift lever, tool box, rear work light, etc...
Figured it was... Let me know what you want for it, and we'll work something out.