Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Right Side Lift

D10-Allis

Had to make my own right side lift, one will be used for mowing and dethatching and the other one will get the snowblower and grader blade come winter.:D :D

The top handle has been altered for the right side by flipping the latch and rebending the rod, the lower handle has not been altered, mount the handle with the bushing and bolt/washer and that becomes the pivot point.

cut the selector bracket apart, make template, I used 3/8" stock because the original thickness is too flimsy after cutting the slot down the middle. reweld it together and mount on the right side with all the original hardware thats on the tractor, spray with brown paint so that it blends in with the other rust on the tractor and your finished.

Darn that seat on your plow big 10 looks like it would make one sore.:D Could you post a good close up of your rt hand lift please?

I'll second the motion to post some close up pics of the right lifts. Ive been using a right lift bracket for a pattern for my RBT's, and using a Yeoman or Broadmoor 717 type lift lever. Looks like you are using standard left side levers and brackets, albeit modified. Would like to see the modifacations up close. Sam

quote:
Originally posted by D10-Allis the other one will get the snowblower and grader blade come winter.:D :D
I know this has been done before but how is it accomplished? Don't the blowers and blades both pin into the same holes, allowing only one to be mounted at a time?

Chris, you mount one out side of the 2 tabs, it just rides on the pins. I always mount the lighter one that gets the least use on the outside, like my grader blade when I have the snow blade on the front.