Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ldanforth

6216 Tractor continues to run

ldanforth
HELP. I have a 6216 model 402707 I had to disconnect the battery to stop the starter from cranking. It just started this. How do I change or can I clean the ignition to fix this, and the other questions are. Do I have to take the steering wheel off. to remove the tank what is the removal procedure for the ignition. Thank you for any help.

sunrunner
Does sound like the ignition switch - You have to remove the top half of the panel to get to it - Yes the tank may have to come off(maybe not - Blank memory now) and I don't think the steering wheel needs to be removed(should be able to slide top of panel up enough to get at the switch)

ldanforth
[quote]Originally posted by sunrunner
Does sound like the ignition switch - You have to remove the top half of the panel to get to it - Yes the tank may have to come off(maybe not - Blank memory now) and I don't think the steering wheel needs to be removed(should be able to slide top of panel up enough to get at the switch) Thanks Sunrunner. Your fast reply may yet salvage the day......

ldanforth
Thanks a bunch.... There was so much crap around the switch and the wire harness. I cleaned it and tried it out and it works ok. For now... knock on wood......thanks to all..