Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Great to be a club member

matthewB10

I want to say how great it is to be a club member. My father was a custom harvester for a good many years and would only use the Gleaner Baldwin combines built by A/C this love with Allis Chalmers was ingrained into me at an early age. I have a photo with me riding on a B-110 with my dad when I was just a small child. When I bought my first Allis Garden tractor several years back it was fun to pass on that memory with my son. He often looks at the picture of him with me on our B-10. After moving to Cherokee Oklahoma and not having my B-10 with me I just needed to go back to the old farm and pick it up to repair. One thing led to another and I quickly found out it is an addiction, or so my wife says. I now own a near perfect B-10, my old Big Ten, a B-112, which I might add is in much need of a restoration, and my seven year old has just purchased his first Allis Chalmers a 410. I can't wait to see a picture of him with his son on his 410. thanks again for the great site. God bless all.

welcome to the club :) And I would have to aggree with you yes they a addiction, but it is a great hobby and my son enjoys them with me and he is only 5 and i am in the process of sitting him up with a 725 now

Welcome :D As a kid on my uncle's wheat farm near Alliance, NE, I remember the custom harvester with Gleaner combines... His name was Niel Moonyham...any relation?

Welcome, welcome! Yes, pass it along. Your 7 year old will do nothing but benefit from a wholesome hobby like this. And he will continue to perpetuate history. Someday, when he's an adult with kids of his own, as you say, wouldn't it be something if he could say "Son, this tractor is 60 years old". And then he'll tuck a thumb in his waistband and say "yup, the just don't make 'em like they used to".

From a tinkering addict, Welcome Aboard, There aren't a lot of Simplicities in north Alabama, so I have to play with the one I have, but the addiction makes you go to auctions and buy old lawnmowers of any kind, just to get to hear them run, usually after a lot of head scratching and wonderment. My 3 year old grandson gets me in trouble quite often as I let him 'help' me work on them. Grease? Yup Anyway, enjoy yourself! And never stop a kid from wondering how things work, even if showing him is more trouble than you think it is worth!