Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
osenga

my buddy's tractor

osenga
A buddy of mine stopped by last night with his tractor. And wants me to get his tiller set up so he can disengage it it is live all the time as of now . he has a 3212 or 2212 I dont remember which it was . And he does have the big pulley setup on it . could not look all that close since it was raining hard out and it was just sitting on the trailer but I know he is missing something how it looked just not sure what it is . I have never seen on with these tillers on it. so are the 30 and 32 inch tillers set up the same ?and could some body happen to have a print to show me all the parts he needs and how the belt or belts go. Since i told him I would get it up and going for him since he is unable to do it his self with his disability's , and i hope i can make the stuuf he is missing or find the parts from someone or on ebay thanks again for tanking the time to read and help out

TomSchmit
Here is a link to the info you want. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=111397 On a tractor like a 3212, the frame is longer than a B-10, and so the drive belt and clutch engagement rod need to be longer. Since the tractor has the tiller drive pulley set up, it sound like he is missing the belt guard. This guard hold the belt when it is dis-engaged. Without the guard, the dis-engaged belt will still grab onto the pulley and keep spinning the tiller. Good luck! Tom