Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mohrds

Drive Belt for a 10" pulley?

mohrds
I just picked up a tiller from Burntime (Thanks again!) so I put on the 10" pulley on the transmission to slow the tractor down, but for the life of me, I can't find where I put the belt for it C Anyone know off hand what length belt I need or a refresher on how to properly measure? BTW: I had to make the drive brackets and idler for the tiller and once again, thanks to this site I found sketches, measurements and all the belt info I needed! I'll get pictures up soon of the fabrication. Doug

mohrds
Thanks, but it isn't the tiller I need the info for. I lost the belt I used on the tractor for the 10" pulley during the winter and I forgot the length and I'm going to F&F today during lunch.

mohrds
Whoops! I'm an idiot. You are right Mike, it is in the tiller manual. I forgot that the trans drive pulley kit was part of that tiller package. But wait, was that a 10" pulley in that kit or an 8"?? Still confused...

BLT
If you are going from an 8 to a 10 inch pulley, you'll need a belt that's roughly 3" longer then the original, or from 10 to 8 inch diameter , a 3 inch shorter belt.