Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Drive Belt for a 10" pulley?

mohrds

I just picked up a tiller from Burntime (Thanks again!) so I put on the 10" pulley on the transmission to slow the tractor down, but for the life of me, I can't find where I put the belt for it C Anyone know off hand what length belt I need or a refresher on how to properly measure? BTW: I had to make the drive brackets and idler for the tiller and once again, thanks to this site I found sketches, measurements and all the belt info I needed! I'll get pictures up soon of the fabrication. Doug

Doug, if you want to come out again and look at my landlord to get an idea you are more then welcome to.... Did you try to download the manual for the tiller? I bet it shows.

Thanks, but it isn't the tiller I need the info for. I lost the belt I used on the tractor for the 10" pulley during the winter and I forgot the length and I'm going to F&F today during lunch.

Whoops! I'm an idiot. You are right Mike, it is in the tiller manual. I forgot that the trans drive pulley kit was part of that tiller package. But wait, was that a 10" pulley in that kit or an 8"?? Still confused...

If you are going from an 8 to a 10 inch pulley, you'll need a belt that's roughly 3" longer then the original, or from 10 to 8 inch diameter , a 3 inch shorter belt.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8cuG4rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq
Thanks! That is perfect info!